Wednesday, January 26, 2011



This is how I feel sometimes.

Buh buh buh..this blog was more for my innermost thoughts, feelings...all that touchy feely stuff. I've had other blogs..Xanga, Blogspot...I think I'll just seperate them into different themes. Non-Prophet Organization will be for all the darkness and observations of "WTF, where is the world headed". The comedy of grouchiness. This one...eh, I'll leave it for poetry, stuff I find amusing, pop culture critique, books that I've found helpful to me. I have a Super Secret Guy Club blog for all the frustrated males in the world & the stuff females don't like hearing, because they've probably heard it a million times from their dads and other guys already (zzzz). Gals have too much power already, the kind of power that counts. Don't look for that sort of insight from me so much, chicks! And I'll make one for my own artwork and comic strips. The one constant, is that of being funny. If I'm not funny, then I'll cry. The tears will become acid rain to corrode my soul. No good. Can't have that. Nobody can tell you're crying when you're swimming.

At Ichetucknee Springs one time, some latino guy fell into the waters from a dock, couldn't swim. His little girl was wailing hysterically, watching her dad flail around in the swift depths. He had one of those top notch cameras. I was not on an inner tube, my girlfriend at the time was & called my attention to this, I'd just seen him videoing before the "incident". So, I did something. About all one can do, because the current of the spring run is so freaking FAST, if you try and clobber someone and drag em by the hair or with one arm under em their arm, you'd probably drown yourself. The prettiest spring run can be deadly if one doesn't know how to swim. I saw some lady coming towards him in a canoe, so I just took a deep breath, dived down underneath him, grabbed his legs, and lifted him up above the water line until she got there to pull him into her canoe. Group effort. No accolades. No gold stars. Sometimes just DO things because they're right to do, and hope you don't get sued for bruising someone's leg. Good Samaritan Law. That came about due to diffusion of responsibility & lawyers run amok. Lawyers...I look forward to the day when lawyers are chasing bread trucks for a loaf of bread instead of ambulances. All these new law schools...how about some schools dedicated to streamlining houses or making them more energy efficient? "UC IRVINE TO OPEN NEW ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE CAMPUS"..headlines I'd like to see.

I thought he was just clowning around. Uh, no, the dude really didn't know how to swim. This is amazing to me. It seems like, if you've seen one of the many TV shows that show people swimming, you would know how to at least SWIM, though not like some Baywatch shit...never underestimate the power of panic. I was thinking a rogue gator had mosied up from the tannic waters of the Sante Fe for some mischief or something. "Aaaaah, papa papa!!"...poor little girl. Lo siento, papas fritas por su papa! Jajaja! Tengo chistes!

Welcome to spiritsville.

When Greece faced domination by Xerxes I, the Greek city states got together and decided how best to stop Persia. That movie 300 covers Leonidas, the Spartan king who led the forces that held the pass of Thermopylae...but the brains behind Persia's defeat was the leader of Athens, Themistocles. For years he tricked the Athenians into building up their Navy, despite the heat it brought him from other Robey McRobertons. He knew naval power would be instrumental in staving off any future Persian attacks. That wasn't covered at all in the movie/comic, made it seem like some act of god threw the Persians' ships onto the rocks, and the glorious pects of Spartan warriors did the rest...but, it was mostly a naval battle between the Athenian and Persian navies that occurred at the same time. If not for Themistocles...sheesh, there may have never been an Alexander the Great, he would've been shining the shoes of Persians or something. Well, maybe not shoes, I think they wore sandals then, and I'm not quite sure how one shines sandals. Don't see too many hippies at the shoe shine chair in airports. "My sandals are shiny, and I have tan feet now too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment