Thursday, January 13, 2011

Italo Disco



Here's a favorite of my pal, Dev. Oh, the flambouyant 80s. Italo Disco. Per Dev, it was inspired by a bunch of Italian music labels that watched Saturday Night Fever too much and had a few synthesizers laying around, thought they could do better. Dev has a rich doctor dad, and is uh, like the Keeper of Obscure Italo Disco. Mondo bizarro guy, loves all these weird Italian cult horror movies, trims trees for a living, goes through gals like they're limbs on a southern pine. Pretty good tune. I can dig it. Can't beat the "phat" bass line and cheesy synthesizer horn stabs. Here's another one he mentioned...I found it so unbelievable that I thought he had to be messing with me, but no, someone actually made this:



John Rambo, ye shall be praised with bangled earings, drum machine toms, and aerobics choreography! This sounds like Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Frankie Goes To Bollywood. No, wait, Frankie Goes To Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment