Monday, October 25, 2010

Strangers, But Not Strange

I went by to see my friend John the other day at the Guitar Center he manages. This is a typical conversation between me and John J:

John: WHOA! There he is! You're still ALIVE? What the..I'm astonished!

Me: Haw. Smart ass. It's only been a couple of months, I got shit to do & you KNOW DIS, MANG!

John: Yeup. Hey, check it out dude, we got this flashy new whizbang thingamajigger that costs like a million dollars & doesn't make you write music any better. But it's dope.

Me: Wow. This is cool. I'm not really feelin music anymore, though. Just been cartooning a lot. Music seems kind of pointless, dude. You rule it at it. I think I should stick to what comes easier. I dunno,sorry..I'm all Lord Bummington up in here.

John: I hear ya. I hardly ever have the time anymore between work, the kids, my brother's flipping out & lost his house, Yvonne won't get a job so we can have some more income coming in...(distracted) aaawww no..ALWAYS someone doing some wheedly-wee metal riff or playing Iron Man...anyway, got some beats for me!?

Me: Yeah. I do as a matter of fact.

John & I came up with an idea for a joke hiphop band called Hearse Snatchaz, that would make fun of Gothic music & rap. Like, silver fangs, Bauhaus medallions, knit caps & Crow makeup. This was years ago. Actually, it was my idea, but John rolled with it. Sometimes just need one person who is like "that is hilarious & worth pulling off". We put together a couple of tracks & we forgot about it. I took a Cure riff from Disintegration & put some grimey beats under it, totally half ass, with a bunch of lyrics dissing goth kids. It was high-larious. But..again, JACKSONVILLE. Nobody gets the joke. I tried to sell it to Lord Vampire who runs the goth night & he didn't find the humor in it. Cmon DJ UberVlad, give us a shot! That's what makes it so great. Those douches can't take a joke. Worst bunch of fashion victims ever, no fun. Crusties that broke into their mom's makeup cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment